We are excited to once again offer our incredibly popular Prerelease Playmat Program to our StarCityGames.com In-Store Programs Organizers! These playmats can be offered as participation items, early registration incentives, prizes, or however you wish to bring in more fans and enhance the Prerelease experience in your store!
We have many new and exciting changes for Invitational Qualifiers in 2017. Please read about them here!
Events between January and June will feature our new Invitational Qualifier playmat with art by Kristen Plescow.
- March 10th – 12th: GP New Jersey, SCG Dallas Open
- March 17th – Saint Patrick’s Day
- March 24th – 26th – GP Orlando
StarCityGames.com® In-Store Programs Team
- November 5th – 6th – GP Dallas, SCG Tour Baltimore
- November 12th – 13th – SCG Tour Columbus
- November 19th – 20th – SCG Tour Knoxville
- November 26th – 27th – Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend (ineligible for the SCG Guarantee)
StarCityGames.com® In-Store Programs Team
Invitational Qualifiers (IQs) and Super Invitational Qualifiers (Super IQs)
- We’re pleased to announce that starting in 2016, both IQs and Super IQs will now be considered WPN Premium Qualifiers and offer a 2x Planeswalker Point multiplier.
- IQ winners and Super IQ finalists will be taking their first steps on the path to the Pro Tour as they qualify for an upcoming Invitational! Winning an Invitational will qualify players for a Pro Tour and award them a flight to the event.
- As communicated to us by Wizards of the Coast, WPN Events (PPTQ, GPT, Game Day, etc) may not be combined with any other type of event.
- Premier Invitational Qualifiers will not be offered in 2016.
- Starting with January, Game Nights will receive parody Creature Collection products. See January’s parody Creature Collection here:
For more information regarding these changes and StarCityGames.com Organized Play, you can find the full announcement HERE.
Check out this video taken at a 1K Super Invitational Qualifier hosted by All C’s Gaming Arena in Aurora, Colorado!
As you might have heard, there’s a lot of winter weather going on around the country. Roanoke, home of StarCityGames.com, is no different. We’ve been hit with repeated bouts of snow, iced roads, and rolling power and Internet outages which has resulted in our offices being closed for a majority of this week.
We are working hard to get caught up on email and phone requests and we’ll get in touch as soon as we can. Event kit shipments have not been affected.
We apologize for this interruption in service and look forward to returning to a normal customer service experience soon!
Happy New Year! While I’m not one for resolutions, we do have plenty of goals for 2015. Number one is to continue improving In-Store Programs to offer you the best value and support for your business that we can. We already have some exciting news and announcements to help start off on the right foot.
First, a little bit of housekeeping. Over the next few days you’ll notice the Total Points section of your Organizer Rewards Points drop back down to zero (or at least to a very low number, if you’ve already run an event in 2015 or are signed up for Game Night). Meanwhile, your Available Points and Pending Points will remain unchanged. So what does all this mean? All the points and rewards you earned from 2014 are still there. If you ended the year at Level 2, all those benefits are in place until the end of 2015!
Speaking of Organizer Rewards, the goal was to create a system that provides increasing benefits as you participate in ISP. I’m happy to announce that the point thresholds for 2015 have become even easier to reach. First, Game Night now awards 100 points per month, with 50 bonus points each month if you are enrolled in automated billing. Open Trials moved to a base of 100 points, but also now have the potential for 100 bonus points!
The biggest change to Organizer Rewards: we’ve reduced the points required to reach each level!
|Points to Level||0||1,500||3,000||6,000||8,000|
With more points being given out for events and improved thresholds, we hope to see even more of you earning the benefits of Organizer Rewards!
Speaking of benefits, we have a big addition for you, starting right now: the Flexible Payment Option! Eligible organizers may now defer their event fee until 30 days from the day of the tournament, while still receiving full marketing benefits from the date the event is approved. Full details are available here.
We thank you all for a fantastic 2014 and look forward to an even bigger and more rewarding 2015!
December’s Game Night Creature Collection prizes feature the Turtle! The sandcastle-stomping 3/3 Beast already has appeared on a range of StarCityGames.com products, including playmats, sleeves, dice bags, and deck boxes. Now players have a chance to win Turtle foil tokens and pins for one month only! Organizers will receive 40 FOIL Turtle tokens and 10 Turtle pins, as well as a promotional Game Night poster featuring the Turtle for the month of December.
5728 Williamson Road N.W.
Roanoke, VA 24012
Ph: (540) 685-4386
Office Hours: 10am-6pm EST